[Amps] Which is it 220, 230, or 240 volts, etc.??

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Which is it 220, 230, or 240 volts, etc.??
From: jstrohm@texas.net (Jim Strohm)
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 15:02:39 -0600
Bill Smith <ko4nrbs@yahoo.com> sez --

>I want to have a transformer rewound for me and am
>puzzled by the differnet Primary Voltage options I
>have available.  The power at my house reads 120 volts
>+/- a few volts depending on the time of day.  This
>means I should ask for a 240 volt primary, correct?

If you're paying for a custom rewind, get extra taps above and below your
usual "nominal" voltage.

I would suggest 100, 105, 110, 120, 130, and 135 -- plus 2x all those,
within reason by the rewinder's prices.

Line voltage here in central Texas ranges from a measured 122 to 131 before
seasonal brown-outs -- I once lived in a house that showed an 8 v drop
every time somebody made a slice of toast!

Jim N6OTQ