[Amps] Equalizing Restistors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Equalizing Restistors
From: 2@mail.vcnet.com (Richard)
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 09:07:27 -0800
>Thanks for the replies folks. I should have figured the power rating of the
>resistors myself......i use ohms law, must have been a "senior moment"!!!
>As for the swinging choke input filter, Im stuck with it unless I
>completely re-do the whole Thunderbolt. If I go to a capacitor in put
>filter, the HV will rise and this will cause all sorts of headaches I
>think.

?  Switching to C-input and removing the swinging-choke should raise the
anode-V to about 3kVDC, which is c. the same as a SB-220 and TL-922.  My
guess is that the extant tank components will withstand the increase.

>My main reason for changing the hv cap is to increase the
>capacitance from the stock capacitance of 8mfd to about 25mfd to help the
>regulation on ssb.

?  To compensate for the transient unregulation produced by rapidly
changing current on SSB/CW through the swinging choke, it might take
considerably more C.  I would start off with c. 0.1F and check it with a
DC 'scope.