[Amps] Winding Toroid Help

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Winding Toroid Help
From: w9ac@arrl.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 09:22:31 -0500
FWIW - I generally make my own Teflon-jacketed wiring....

First start with ordering Teflon tubing and bare buss-bar wire.  Alpha Wire
and Belden sells Teflon tubing and bare buss-bar wire in rolls of
50/100/500/1000 spools.

Start by winding the Teflon alone through the toroid core.  Remove the
Teflon, measure and cut.  Then, insert the bare buss-bar into the Teflon and
cut to the Teflon's same length.

It's important to order the Teflon tubing one or two guages larger than the
wire size.  This makes slipping the buss-bar into the Teflon much easier.

-Paul, W9AC