[Amps] SB-200 Problem

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] SB-200 Problem
From: k4ik@subich.com (Joe Subich, K4IK)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:19:18 -0500
> Both tubes light...I have an "old" set of 572B's that also
> exhibit the same symptom but they were old and I was getting
> suspect of how much life they had left which is why I replaced
> them.  They went out of service working fine,
> though.  I'll check the tubes with an ohmmeter to be sure.

What brand of tubes do you have?  Some brands (Svetlana) required
much higher cut-off bias and were unreliable in certain amplifiers
unless the bias circuit was modified to provide a higher voltage.

You might check your bias circuit to make certain the tubes are
properly cut-off unless the amplifier is in transmit and connected
to proper input/output loads.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK