[Amps] Source for 220V cords --Thanks

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Source for 220V cords --Thanks
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 14:09:27 -0800
> Somebody mentioned they are expensive... guess you have to define
> expensive.
> Sure they are $40 when a vanilla breaker is $4.  $36 seems like cheap
> one-shot insurance to me.

        ::It's just that I never needed the one-shot.  Been hamming since
eighth grade, >3 sunspot cycles ago, and only shocks I've ever received were
from HVDC.  A GFCI wouldn't have helped. In fact, probably the worst shock
I've ever gotten was from a power supply that was shut off and disconnected
from the AC mains.  Oops, forgot to discharge the 53uF, 6000V filter cap...

        WB2WIK/6