[Amps] re:(amps 10 meters)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] re:(amps 10 meters)
From: jstrohm@texas.net (Jim Strohm)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 10:20:54 -0600
>I have a friend whose company designs automated test systems ($100k
>class). Some are used in the auto mfg business. He told me that , at
>least some , auto builders are planning higher voltage primary systems.
>I believe he mentioned 48 volt. I have a nice FET amp that would work
>great on that voltage for a mobile PA.  N4KG, do you know anything about
>this?

It's nominally 42 volts (13.8 x 3).

The auto companies have been talking aboiut this for several years now, but
the most recent estimate I saw was somewhere around 2010.

Part of the problem is that the automakers have so much capital tied up in
accounting rules for their fixtures and factories that there's a
disincentive to modernize.

We saw how pervasive this problem was when the US bailed out Chrysler.  I
would not be surprised to see something like this happen again -- after
all, just yesterday the Senate handed Detroit a signiicant disincentive to
modernize cars wehn they axed the improved mileage requirement from an
energy package.

To the benefit of certain states with significant petroleum business interests.

Jim N6OTQ