[Amps] Alpha 87A won't start

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 87A won't start
From: 2@mail.vcnet.com (Richard)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 05:31:28 -0800
>I was using the amp all afternoon, with no high SWR tripouts or repeated
>faults of any kind.
>Then I turned it off.
>Now it won't turn on. Several of the lights blink for a very short period
>and then the lights all go out.
>
>Any idea what it could be?

?  If I were troubleshooting this amp, the first thing I would try is
removing the tubes.  If all of the operating potentials are not there
without tubes, one has some homework to do before the tubes are put back.
 I would also test the tubes with a high-pot at 5kV to make sure there
was no unusual leakage [>5uA].

cheers, Dick

www.vcnet.com/measures.
end