[Amps] Re: HV Voltmeters

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re: HV Voltmeters
From: g8gsq@qsl.net (Steve Thompson)
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 07:27:58 -0000
-----Original Message-----
From: David & Wendy Dodds <gm4wll@talisman41.freeserve.co.uk>
To: amps@contesting.com <amps@contesting.com>
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Date: 23 March 2002 23:46
Subject: Re: [Amps] Re: HV Voltmeters

>I opened the meter and, true enough, there is a shunt in it. It's a
weak-looking affair - about 20 turns of roughly .5mm dia. wire. (not sure of
the material - same sort of colour as galvanised steel?). However, there's
no indication of what the FSD is without the shunt. It's marked  "MH-32" and
"class 2.5". I don't know if that's anything more than just a product code.
I think the 'class 2.5' is an accuracy/linearity rating, i.e. 2.5% of fsd.
Disconnect the shunt and use a variable PSU and series resistor to check the
new fsd.

Steve