[Amps] HF1000 discontinued?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] HF1000 discontinued?
From: kl7ra@blizzard.gcgo.nasa.gov (KL7RA)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:16:35 -0900

>Looks like QRO has quit making their single 3-500 amp, the HF1000.  It's no
>longer listed on their website.
>
>Rob Atkinson
>K5UJ

And Ray dropped the HF-3k with the 4cx1600b. Not sure why as it's a great
amp.

Also I see Alpha's new 4cx1600b amp was not for HF but VHF.

Since having a QRO 3K now for three years of heavy duty contesting I have
become a big fan of the 4cx1600b tube. I like running negative screen current
at an easy and silent 1500 watts. I must say though, at times I do miss the
vibration of the desk you get with my homebrews as the plate supply grunts out
CW and the table lamp dims in synch.

73 Rich KL7RA