[Amps] What do you get out of your 4-1000

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] What do you get out of your 4-1000
From: Wlfuqu00@uky.edu (wlfuqu00@uky.edu)
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 08:57:53 -0500
I had discussed buying some 4-1000A's from a fellow who has quite a
different opinion as to the maximum output per tube good tubes should produce.

Here is his reply....

"I have built several grounded-grid amplifiers with 5000 volts on the plate.
With 100 watts drive, don't recall ever getting more than about 1300 watts
output on 20 meters into a 50 ohm load."

My experience for 6000 volts for a new tube has been well over 2KW output.
Which is also supported by Bill Orr's publications however his tables only
go to 5000volts.

Can some of you indicate what your real life experience
using a 4-1000A.  State if possible:
Plate Voltage (no drive)
Plate current  (no drive)
Plate Voltage (max output)
Plate Current  (Max output)
drive power
output power
And what you think the condition of the tube you are using is..

73
Bill wa4lav