[Amps] Still working on external anode tube cooling and have a few quest

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Still working on external anode tube cooling and have a few questions...
From: wb4mnf@atl.org (wb4mnf)
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:49:22 -0500
Please. Actual experience or hard reference only.

How about it.
I know there are some commercial amp manufacturers
reading this list...

Application is GI6B GI7B. Seeking info for other
external anode tubes for comparison and any measures
made on the GI6/7's

minimum differential temp at max operating limit:
anode radiator - exit air

max differential temp at max operating limit:
ambient air - exit air
anode seal - anode radiator

   Aside: Manuf. Spec for GI7BT results in
ambient - exit difference of 33C
for 100C or 40C 98% humidity ambient
air (these two conditions have essential
the same density and specific heat capacity)

   I've assumed that this 133 exit air is set by a radiator air
difference equal to the 200C max seal temp minus the 133C
exit air.
   If this assumption is correct, and if the radiator air difference
doesn't vary much with radiator temperature, then the 40C ambient
condition, instead of 73C exit air could actually work at the
same 133C allowing a 63C difference which translates to half
the air mass.
    Yes, I know the blower back pressure will increase. The upper
limit on the increase is dominated by the ideal gas law.
PV-nRT To=313K Tx=406K so P will not increase by more than 25%

73,
wb4mnf