[Amps] Re: [Amps] Bird® 43 Manual

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re: [Amps] Bird® 43 Manual
From: w8ron@stratos.net (Ron)
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 19:27:26 -0500
Tom /Gary.
The bird only picks up voltage or current but not both.
It is not capable of measuring power except that it displays power from
the equation P=I^2R =V^2/R.
The directionality is where it is picking up current flowing back and
forth
into and out of the line. If the coupler is positioned to measure
outbound power , it see the out bound current and ignores the inbound
current and visa versa. Net power through the line is zero if it an
ideal lossless line.
---
Ron