[Amps] Re: [Amps] Re: [Amps] Re: [Amps] Re: [Amps ] BirdŽ 43 Ma nual

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re: [Amps] Re: [Amps] Re: [Amps] Re: [Amps ] BirdŽ 43 Ma nual
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 07:49:17 -0500
> Now either I have one hell of an efficient HW 101, to get 200 watts
> out with 45 watts input, or there is a flaw in this business that the
> directional watt meter reads properly at all impedance's. Yes the net
> power delivered to the load is zero as the meter would show
> subtracting reflected from forward. However I would conclude that
> there is not 200 watts forward power and 200 watts reflected on the
> line.

Not really.

If you subtract the reflected power from the forward power, you get
the true power delivered to the load.

In the case  you detailed it is 200F-200R=zero watts.

Like most rigs, your Heathkit will deliver zero watts to an open
load. The rest is reactive power caused by the high power factor of
the open load.
73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com