[Amps] Thunderbolt questions

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Thunderbolt questions
From: willy@global2000.net (Bill Russell)
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 08:09:14 -0400
I have a Johnson Thunderbolt hf amp and need to replace the doorknob caps
in the output stage. It uses 2 500 mmf at 20kv in parallel. Can I use 2
640mmf as replacements without causing problems. The amp uses 2 4-400A's.
Next question.....
The amp uses 4 VR tubes in series for screen requlation. There are 2
vr150's and 2 vr105's. Can I replace them with zener diodes of the same
voltage and if so, what size zeners should I use.
Thanks,

Bill Russell
KC2IFR