[Amps] ICOM 2KL SOLID STATE HF AMP QSK

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] ICOM 2KL SOLID STATE HF AMP QSK
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 15:22:18 -0500
I have used my Ameritron QSK-5 switch on several
solid state amps. It works very well, and is several times
faster than vacuum relays. I currently use it with a Henry
SS-750 and an Icom 706 as my "pounce-a-spot" station,
which is auto controlled to my packet cluster software.
New countries are usually in the log before my big amp
warms up!

(((73)))
Phil, k5PC

Is there anyone who has converted the stock t/r relay circuitry of the ICOM 2KL
solid state hf amp into a high speed switching sytem?
If not, please some advice. I have a jpeg picture of the existing t/r diagram
available.
Available voltages: tx = 13 VDC, collector HV = 42 VDC

Best regards, Dick PA3DUV

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---