[Amps] Does a Russian GI7B like horizontal mount?`

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Does a Russian GI7B like horizontal mount?`
From: Ian White, G3SEK" <g3sek@ifwtech.co.uk (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 18:03:03 +0100
Douglas R Snowden wrote:
>Subject says it.  I would like to mount a pair of these in the
>horizontal position.  Think it's OK ?

It's almost certainly OK. I'm 99% sure that it's built like a GS31/35,
with a flat cathode and a dome-shaped mesh grid, so there are no long,
thin grid or filament structures that can sag if gravity is pointing the
wrong way.

If you mount these tubes horizontal, watch out for the overhanging
weight of the anode cooler - especially the GS35 with that huge lump of
copper! Clamp the grid ring firmly to prevent the tube falling out of
its socket.

New e-mail: g3sek@ifwtech.co.uk
New website: http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek