[Amps] I'm serious...are the tubes OK? or..

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] I'm serious...are the tubes OK? or..
From: crabspider@telia.com (G.Johansson)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 18:26:28 +0000
Hi again!

Making a repeat of previous question:

Having done several 'tube-buys' during the years...
But haven't tried this tubes out yet.

One thing that I have been observing is that certain tubes
makes a discrete 'dika-dika' sound when shaken vertically
(tube vertically held).

Not the kind of sound that happens when large structures of
filiament has fallen down....Or loose matter rattling around.
Just something discrete.....soft..

3 out of four 5CX1500A's (so called 'good pulls') gives off a sound
when shaken vertically, nothing horizontally...

Same story with
GU-74B's
GU-84B's
GS-35B's

One big 4CX5000A (Brand new in transportation box).

All of them seems to give off that discrete soft sound
when shaken VERTICALLY not horizontally!

Don't feel like doing an autopsy if there's a normal explanation.

Plausible explanation, What do you say?

Can anyone verify having a FULLY FUNCTIONING tube even though these
criterias are around???

Shake your tubes and tell me!?!?

"Joe - collecing tubes for a rainy day"