[Amps] Re: [Moon-Net] Motorola HV rectifiers

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re: [Moon-Net] Motorola HV rectifiers
From: erkoehl@attbi.com" <erkoehl@attbi.com (Eugene R. Koehl)
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 18:02:03 -0500
Motorola Semiconductor Data Library, 5th Edition, 1970, p. 7-141.
MDA1332H, silicon (reference: MDA1330H family). Compensated
series-connected rectifier cells for high-voltage, single-phase, half-wave
circuit application. Each cell in the series string is shunted by a
high-voltage capacitor and resistor for equal distribution.

May also have a suffix: C - common cathode, U - common anode, D - voltage
doubler, or R reverse polarity

Specs:
   Vrrm = 5kV      (requires transient protection to operate here)
   Vrms = 3.5 kV  (at rated current from -55C to + 110C)
   DC Blocking = 3 kV (established by Rshunt, not the diodes)
   Ifsm = 250 A (peak single cycle surge)
   Io = 2.5 A @ 40C
   Avg Fwd Voltage Drop = 5.0 volts
   Full cycle reverse current )max) = 3.0 mA

Conrad:

There are two pages of curves and one page mechanical drawing for this
horse. If you wish, I can scan them and email them to you.

73,
Dick K9FFK