[Amps] QSK amp switching with a TS-940s

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] QSK amp switching with a TS-940s
From: n0tt1@juno.com (n0tt1@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 03:14:30 +0100
Hi Paul,

I have one of those Alpha amps...normally the a keyer keys the '86
amp and then the amp keys whatever transmitter one has.
That allows the QSK circuits time to switch in the amp, thus avoiding
hot switching the amp.

If the transmitter keys a little slow, one can build a circuit that
will correct keying problems.  See QST April 1987, page 51
for a circuit that works very well.

73,
Charlie, N0TT