[Amps] equipment to be modified

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] equipment to be modified
From: n2bc@stny.rr.com (Bill Coleman)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 08:24:59 -0400
Dale, there is industrial equipment stuff out there - at least stuff
suitable for HF amplifiers.  I'm working on a 2KW "Plasma Generator" right
now. It's a self-contained 2KW 13.56mHz transmitter.  Xtal osc, 6146 driver,
5CX1500A PA. The associated matching networks are full of vacuum variables,
etc - lots of great parts.

I came across a large used market of this stuff while searching for a
schematic.  Most of the stuff that is still commercially viable is rather
pricey, I happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Another down-side is that lots of the industrial stuff is 3-phase power.

I know Henry makes / made a lot of RF heating devices. The thing I am
playing with is a PlasmaTherm.

I found that lots of the semiconductor industry suppliers have been
bought-out multiple times, then folded - I traced the lineage of PlasmaTherm
from inception to buy-out, relocation from NJ to FL, to buy-out by a German
company, to pretty much gone...  Was really lucky to find a schematic of the
power supply - saved me from ripping it apart and re-wiring it.
Bill Coleman    N2BC
http://home.stny.rr.com/n2bc