[Amps] 240 VOLT SW

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 240 VOLT SW
From: g0ruz@btinternet.com (Conrad G0RUZ)
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 02:33:49 +0100

> I DONT KNOW ABOUT SWITCHING 3000 VOLTS. BUT IF YOUR JUST
> SWITCHING 30 AMPS @
> 240 V ON PRIMARY.I WOULD USE A RELAY AND PUT A SMALL SWITCH ON
> FRONT PANEL TO
> TRIGGER RELAY. CHEAPER THAN A HEAVY ROTOR SWITCH. LESS SPACE ON
> PANEL IF THAT
> IS A PROBLEM.

The reason I want a large rotatary switch is that this PSU will end up in a
club shack, I don't trust people not to switch it accidently. I suppose if I
used some large relays and a small rotary switch it would be quite easy to
implement an interlock however this would require an auxilary supply. I was
hoping one of you might have a simple 30 amp ONLY 240 V rotary switch in
your junkbox.

I like simple big clunky things that require some physical effort to alter
in the club shack!

Conrad G0RUZ