[Amps] Metron

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Metron
From: phil@transmittersrus.com (Philip de Cadenet)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 23:06:46 +0100
For nostalgia's sake I thought some of you may wish to read part of a
reply I received from the company who bought out Transworld Electronics,
the original producer of said amp:

The T500 was designed by a gentleman named Dennis Cobbe, who was the
founder of Transworld Electronics based in Escondido CA. He continued to
work for Datron after Transworld was bought out. He passed away in 1997.
He originally designed the amp because he was an avid ham and was
unsatisfied with the amps available at the time.

I was doing some research into the history of the MA1000/T500M with a
view of developing a 1500w current day version.

Without the 10m band and with $20K+ in hand for testing could one
receive FCC approval one asks knowingly?
--
Philip de Cadenet G4ZOW
Transmitters 'R' Us