[Amps] Transformer secondary resistance

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Transformer secondary resistance
From: K1LE@ARRL.NET (Jeffrey Madore)
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 19:50:59 -0400
Thank you, gentlemen, for your responses re my questions pertaining to =
the suitability of a transformer with a 106 Ohm secondary at 5300 volts =
and a 120 volt primary. BTW I rechecked the primary resistance and it =
appears to be about 0.1 Ohms + - .

My next question is, what would be considered a decent secondary =
resistance at that voltage?

Actually that voltage is a bit high. What if I used a full wave ct =
rectifier scheme? Then the voltage would be about half and the secondary =
resistance would also be 1/2. Would a 53 ohm secondary be considered =
suitable for a 1500 watt amp?

Since I have access to all the winding leads, what if I paralleled the =
secondary windings and used a bridge rectifier?  Now the secondary =
resistance would be about 26 Ohms.=20

Any opinions are much appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff - K1LE

multipart/alternative