[Amps] Nonsense

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Nonsense
From: w5na@megagate.com (J. Leon Pringle, Jr and Audrey S. Pringle)
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 07:29:51 -0500
OM:

I don't have a dog in this fight and don't desire to pick an argument.

Before you identify something as non-sense have you considered the
following?  Lets assume we have two signals going into a heterodyning
mixer stage and the two frequencies are 6 MHz and 8MHz.  On the output
of that mixer one could expect to find 4 signals, not two signals.
That is the two fundamental signals of 6 MHz and 8 MHz as well as the
sum frequency and the difference frequency of the two applied signals
or 2 MHz and 14 MHz.

You will note that 2, 6, 8, 14 are even multiples or harmonically
related to a specific integer.  I don't know what you would call it
unless you called it harmonics (higher and sub).  Perhaps the
engineering school I attended was wrong and the professors didn't know
what they were talking about.  I learn something new every day so
perhaps this is it for this day.  Thanks for enlightening me.

73,
Leon  W5NA

It seems to me that saying it is non-sense is a bit exaggerated