[Amps] Tube Substitution Guidance

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Tube Substitution Guidance
From: Richard.Knox@veridian.com (Richard.Knox@veridian.com)
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 12:38:28 -0400
Good Afternoon!

     I am brand new to this Group, so please forgive me if I am asking a
question that has already been answered recently.

     I have just acquired a Ten Tec Titan I linear amplifier and I would like to
obtain a pair of back-up tubes for future use.  My question to the Group is:
Can I use the 3CPX800A7 tubes in place of the original 3CX800A7 ones?    I know
these have a slightly different geometry and can run at a higher plate voltage.
But will they operate satisfactorily without making  any changes to the linear
circuitry or configuration?

   Appreciate any advice and insights you can give me.  Name here is Dick Knox
and the Call Sign is KD4BRL

Thank You and 73!

Dick
Richard.Knox@Veridian.com