[Amps] Subharmonic

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Subharmonic
From: g8gsq@qsl.net (Steve Thompson)
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 16:41:13 +0000
On Wednesday 22 May 2002 14:27, Michael Tope wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> Yes, but if even if the spurious signal is coming from an unintentional
> oscillator, it appears to be phase-locked (at least crudely) to the
> 14 MHz fundamental. This implies that the unintentional oscillator is
> injection locking to a frequency to which is it has a non-integer
> relationship (Fosc = Ftx/2, Fosc = 3 Ftx /2 , etc).
>
> BTW, I am not disputing your 30 years of observations. This is the
> first time I have run across this kind of thing. I have never seen it for
> myself in anything that I have worked on.
You've lived a sheltered life :-)

But seriously, I can't remember seeing it in either amateur or broadcast gear
where the operating conditions for the transmitter are fairly benign. I've
seen it regularly where there's combinations of wide variation in supply
voltage, temperature and load impedance.

Steve