[Amps] 4CX800/GU74B Socket

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 4CX800/GU74B Socket
From: yo9fzs@office.deck.ro (yo9fzs)
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 15:29:43 +0300
Hello Glenn

I have somewhere inside my boxes a socket like yours, it have
three or four capacitors, but are of the high voltage ceramic "chip"
type ones (multilayer), without terminals, with their pads
soldered directly to the screen ring connector and gnd.
These caps are better than the regular ceramic disc with
wire terminals.
Never tried it, but should work toVHF.
If have problems, you may consider using this type of caps also.
NP0 are prefered.
The other socket model uses a ceramic ring capacitor inside the
socket and is the best for VHF. The same ring capacitor model
is used for the GU43B socket (at least for the one I saw).

73's,
Traian