[Amps] Solid state relay question++

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Solid state relay question++
From: alex@mail.sandlabs.com (Alex)
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 20:35:21 -0400
See, I do need a schematic to be able to give you a precise answer!
If you are switching the Primary of a transformer and your fuses between the
SSR and the transformer are blowing, I will suspect quite
a HIGH Back EMF :) SSR are notoriously bad in switching INDUCTIVE loads :)
You might need to insert a capacitor of the proper value in PARALLEL with
the transformer. This capacitor will act as compensation for the inductive
reactance of the transformer  presenting a conjugate match that will leave
you with the pure resistance only.

Much in the way the antenna tuner works :)
This is common occurrence in SMPS design :) In a sense you have already
provided this capacitor :) I think :) But is the value right ? or in the
best location ?

The simplest things are proven the most complex one :)

Alex, N2NNU