[Amps] I couldn't resist this one

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] I couldn't resist this one
From: jljarvis@adelphia.net (jljarvis)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:51:28 -0400
I've lost track of who said what, in the blue-glowing,
nostalgic romp, however:

"*  6AG7-mavens built amps with the tubes base-up and the tops submersed
in a pan of water.   For contesting, add ice cubes. "

I have a friend who uses a sweep tube amp for expedition
contesting.  The routine is to put in a fresh set of tubes
at the start of each contest.

Won't even go NEAR the gg vs. IMD discussion, in the case of these
amps.  That'd open up the thread, "you want to be a little wide, to
keep people from stealing your frequency".    :)

N2EA