[Amps] Earliest Commercial Amateur Linear Amplifier

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Earliest Commercial Amateur Linear Amplifier
From: alex@mail.sandlabs.com (Alex)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 17:38:18 -0400
THE first KW amplifier (military applications) was buid by TELEFUNKEN in
1941. Designated as BF2000 waz delivering 1,7KW on 10.9MHz for their Long
Range Aviation services (mostly Zeppelins :)

This haz been folowed in 1943 by Blaupunckt und Krupp.

Sorry... do not know what tubes (if any) they used.
I hear that Mr. Tesla has worked a period of time for them :)

Alex