[Amps] choke resonances

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] choke resonances
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 12:04:26 -0500

> How far away from a given band should a plate choke resonance be to not
> cause a problem?? I have a resonance right on 18 mhz. in an amp, and am
> concerned that someone might want to use it on 18 mhz. and so I want to move
> it, but should I move it up or down , and if so how much??? Any thoughts on
> this will be appreciated!!
>  carl / kz5ca

The RF Parts choke (RFC-3) used in many Ameritron and other
brand amps is the one I have been using, Carl. It has plenty of
L for 160 meter coverage. The first resonance is parked around
11.5-12 mhz, and the second is well above 10 meters. It is
advertised by RF Parts as 225uh, 1.5 amps, 1 inch ceramic form,
5 5/8 high. This choke has been a true drop-in-and-play component
for me with several projects. I always keep a few in the parts bin
for future use.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC