[Amps] Drake L7 PS questions update

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Drake L7 PS questions update
From: RMead100@aol.com (RMead100@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 18:03:56 EDT
Greeting to the list

Having obtained the parts to rebuild the smoked PS from the L7, and located
some printed circuit boards which will work with some slight modifications,
I wonder if there is any logical reason to add a capacitor(with equalizing
resistor) or diode in the each string of the voltage double circuit. The
stock circuit uses 7 diodes and 4 caps in each leg.  The PC boards I obtained
have some extra capacitor and diode space that I will otherwise jumper, and I
have an extra capacitor for each leg of the doubler. I also have extra
diodes.

Seems to me that if I add a diode, it increases the PIV factor of the string,
and adding capacitance gives me some extra filtering cushion.

Is there a good reason not to do this ??

Randy K8BUX