[Amps] winding chokes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] winding chokes
From: g0ruz@btinternet.com (Conrad G0RUZ)
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 23:34:53 +0100
Choke design is not rocket science.  One needs a dipmeter and some kind
of a winder.  I use a hand crank drill,  Winding HV-RF chokes is
described on my Web site.

Further to this I have just put a single phase to 3 phase inverter on my
lathe and I can get down to 2 rpm on the slowest setting, it has made choke
winding so much easier. A cheap way to do this would be with a small model
making lathe that you can buy off Ebay for $200 and fit a DC motor which is
rather cheaper to control the speed on. I will never hand wind a choke
again. Marvellous!!

Conrad