[Amps] 4-250A question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 4-250A question
From: wlfuqu00@uky.edu (Bill L. Fuqua)
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 13:43:28 -0400
This reminds me of a homebrew amplifier I got some years ago. I replaced the
missing parts and installed a good 3-500z only to find  the output was very
low. I assume that why the builder gave up on it and I got it cheap. Come to
find out that the filament voltage was low. The problem was that the builder
did use a 5 volt transformer but did not take into account the drop across the
filament choke. I installed a boost transformer in the primary to set the
filament voltage at the socket to 5 volts.

73
Bill wa4lav