[Amps] 3-400Z vs. 4-400A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 3-400Z vs. 4-400A
From: W0YR@aol.com (W0YR@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 12:12:14 EDT
If the tube sockets are wired correctly (and I think they are in this case)
you should just be able to plug in the 4-400-s and GO!  They will take more
drive than the 3-400's required but will work great.  I had an amp with 2
4-400s for years and when they got tired I put in 3-400s and no problems.
These tubes run ok tieing the screen and control grids together and they act
as a triode.

This is the short answer.  I am sure you will receive a long treatise on this
subject.  But go for it!

Mike
W0YR