[Amps] Zero Bias Amps Question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Zero Bias Amps Question
From: 2@mail.vcnet.com (Richard)
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 13:26:13 -0700
>Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question
>Rich.
>My ZSAC is 180ma for the two 3-400Z tubes and that is
>what Swan recommends in the amp's manual.  This is at
>about 2500 vdc.  With or without the diodes the ZSAC
>it is still 180ma.  The diodes have made no difference
>in the resting plate current.

No difference means there may be a miswire because each diode makes c.
0.7v drop and even 0.7v  should noticably change the ZSAC.
- note -- The diode string needs to connect between the fil CT and the
jucntion of the anode current and the grid current meter shunt resistors.
 The T/R bias switch goes in series with either end of the diode string.

cheerz, Bill