[Amps] KW Linear for FT-817

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] KW Linear for FT-817
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 02:47:40 -0700
A power-gain of x300 from one tetrode or pentode is not any easy trick.
The most I ever managed to do was x100.  The potential trouble with
designing in more gain is that a higher grid-terminating resistance is
needed -- which means more feedback from the output to the input -- which
means living closer to squirrelsville.  Also, two tubes in parallel
doubles feedback-C, which is not a good place to be.

>I'm researching an amp project for a friend.  He wants a legal limit or near
>legal limit amp that can be driven from a Yaesu FT-817.  It's been 25 years
>since I rolled and amp so I thought I'd ask the gang here.  Does anyone have
>a suggestion for a tube or pair of tubes that when driven with 5 watts will
>run up to a KW out?
>
>Thanks... Mike   K9MK/5

www.vcnet.com/measures.
end