[Amps] Muffin Fan on Swan Mark 1

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Muffin Fan on Swan Mark 1
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 17:57:04 -0700

>> An IR thermometer,  a manometer, and some horse sense are more
>> trustworthy  than computer modeling -- i. e., if the thermometer says
>> it's too damn hot, and the computer app says it's not, it is.
>>
> //<chuckle>  The computer model is used for designing enclosures, not
> testing them.  It reduces design time because there's less repetitive
> empirical stuff that needs to be done, and modeling can also help reduce
> cost because it can lead you to inexpensive practical solutions that might
> otherwise be overlooked.  Then, when testing says it's too damn hot, you
> start again. -WB2WIK/6

**  I build a cardboard box mock-up enclosure, duct-tape stuff in place,
measure the delivered pressure with a manometer, and, if needed, I make
changes.  I have found few blowers blower that meet the mfg's claimed
specs.  //  The rule of thumb for blower selection:  If the tube blows
out of the socket when one's thumb is removed from the anode, a smaller
blower is probably a good idea.

www.vcnet.com/measures.
end