[Amps] WANTED: 115VAC time delay relay ON START

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] WANTED: 115VAC time delay relay ON START
From: garyschafer@attbi.com (Gary Schafer)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 21:58:58 -0400
w2cqm@juno.com wrote:

> WANTED: a 110vac or 220vac time dely relay with the delay ON START. Can
> be fixed or adjustable with a range of about 1/2-1 second delay  in fixed
> interval timer or  1/2-1 second +++  with adjustable delay control for a
> step start control. Anything within the range of 1/2-1second would be ok
> but the delay must be on start up.    Thanks, Ron W2CQM/3

Why not just put the coil of a relay in parallel with the transformer
primary. When the filter capacitor charges up enough it will let the primary
voltage come up enough to pull the relay in. If you don't like to hear the
relay coil buzz while the voltage is coming up add a diode in series with the
coil. A series resistor and a capacitor across the coil will adjust the time
delay if you want more. I have used just the relay by itself. Works great.

73
Gary  K4FMX