[Amps] ALPHA 77

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] ALPHA 77
From: hkmannh@totalnetnh.net (Pat Poirier)
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 22:13:30 -0400
Rich,

Maybe I have missed something, you wrote in an article in QST in March 1989
titled "Calculating Power Dissipation in Parassitic - Suppressor Resistors"
on Page 26 You stated that "After the amplifier has been tuned for maximum
output, a slight increase in linearity can usually be secured by increasing
the amplifier loading - that is by decreasing the loading capacitance -
until output power decreases by a few percent."

I have followed this guideline for many years and I have always had great
results.

73
Pat W1KA