[Amps] MLA2500 power up......

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] MLA2500 power up......
From: jhurry@austin.rr.com (Dudley Hurry)
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 13:42:40 -0500
Blake,

Rather than an tube problem unless you have changed the HV Caps recently
it's most likely where the problem is.  pull the tubes, and disconnect the
HV from the RF deck.   Checked the diodes,  but inspect the caps really
close, I bet one or more are bad.

Don't worry about the "REAL" amp guys, I've seen 1700 watts out of a
MLA2500.  The tube will last a very long time if you are carefull tuning, as
we should all be with our amps..

Thanks and 73's,
Dudley
WA5QPZ