[Amps] Looking for Information

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Looking for Information
From: k7rx@attbi.com (Kevin Nathan)
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 11:42:02 -0700
Hello All,

Let me first thank all who gave me information over the past week or so on
amps to buy to replace my Ameritron AL-811H.  Due to financial constraints
among other things, I purchased the little AEA LA-30 a ham had available
locally and I like it very much.  I do have one question abut it though that
I'm hoping someone on the list might be able to answer from your knowledge
of it.

On the back panel there is a small jack located between the ALC and PTT RCA
connectors that says QSK.  However, in the manual, it is not mentioned and
nothing is said about QSK operation.  Can anyone on the list shed some light
on this for me?  Also, it uses a squirrel cage fan to move air up past the
3-500Z.  Does anyone know if there is a source for very quiet fans of this
type that might replace noisier stock units?

If anyone can help I certainly will appreciate it and I thank you for your
assistance.  73

Kevin, K7RX :)