[Amps] mounting a vac variable

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] mounting a vac variable
From: Peter.Chadwick@zarlink.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 07:56:41 +0100
Chris says:

>I have two vac variables  with no mounting plates.
>Does anyone have some good ideas on what i could use?

I assume that the drive mechanism is there. In that case, I've very successfully
used ordinary electrolytic capacitor clamps, with thin (20 gauge) copper wrapped
around the metal drive housing under the clamp to give a good connection.

If the drive mechanism  isn't there and you need to fabricate a  'pull
mechanism' as well, I figure that's pretty much a machine shop job.

73

Peter G3RZP