[Amps] Gonset Amplifier

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Gonset Amplifier
From: wlfuqu00@uky.edu (wl fuqua)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 17:17:29 -0400
P&H's amplifier used modified 1625's. Suppressor ( or beam forming plates)
grid brought out separately from the cathode to reduce input to output
capacitance in GG operation. This required either removing the base or
carefully drilling a hole on the side of the base and unsoldering the two
wires going to the cathode pin, pulling out the suppressor wire and putting
it into a spare pin.
         The plate voltage is similar to that used in 811A amplifiers so it
is possible that someone replaced the sockets in a Gonset and put in
modified 1625's with an filament transformer.  An Central Electronics 20A
will drive the P&H LA400 very well. In fact the two are about the same size
and color. They almost look like they are made for each other.

73
Bill wa4lav