[Amps] BTI BANDSWITCH

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] BTI BANDSWITCH
From: w5lu@hotmail.com (S. J. Blackwell)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 23:11:24 +0000

To: <amps@contesting.com>
>Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 13:40:40 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
>

>My old BTI 2000  bandswitch arcs when trying to load up on 80m.   Looks
>like
>it is time for a replacement.  Any ideas on what to use for a replacement
>bandswitch?

*I once had a BTI amp many years ago. It was a floor stander.
(LK-2000?) My memory is a little weak, but I believe it used an Ohmite power
switch for the Pi net BS. They are still being made, are cheap and ceramic.
The voltage at that point should not be that high as it could also be looked
on as being connected at the top of the loading cap, not known to need a
very HV cap. (unless you do something really uncalled for.) Look in a
catalog and see if the pix looks like it.
73
Sam, W5LU