[Amps] Re: BAMA problems [was Amp Supply LK500 manual]

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re: BAMA problems [was Amp Supply LK500 manual]
From: stevengrant98 at yahoo.com (Steven Grant W4IIV)
Date: Sat Aug 16 09:44:25 2003
i have no problems using explorer...read the page before trying a
download....once you know how, it works great...steven W4IIV

Mike Manship <w9oj@peoplepc.com> wrote:At 10:28 AM 8/13/03 EDT,
Dennis12Amplify@aol.com wrote:
>Paul,
>
> Don't feel bad because you are not alone!
>
> BAMA appears to be extremely unfriendly to any browser other than Netscape
>and any operating system other than Unix.
>
> Most of the data indexed on the BAMA site is only a pointer or a vectored
>reference to another site that actually holds the desired information, but
>doesn't show the HYPERLINK address of that information, so you end up
using a
>vectored TELNET session that most browsers cannot handle correctly.

If you are using Windows then why use a browser to get to BAMA at all ?
Just download WS_FTP and then FTP to bama.sbc.edu and download the
files that way. It's always worked for me with NO problems at all.

73 de Mike W9OJ

STEVEN GRANT    W4IIV