[Amps] Mobile wiring

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Mobile wiring
From: on4kj at skynet.be (on4kj)
Date: Fri Aug 1 07:51:22 2003
What is the meaning or raison having that much power in mobil on VHF/UHF ?
13v8 and a 100Amps flowing in the feed cable, produces  nearly enough
magnetic field to the needs of a minesweeper sweeping some magnetic mines. I
just imagine your (steel) tools dancing around on the rythm of some CW or
SSB sigs near the feed cables.  How many fuses will blow in other low
current circuit in your vehicule, etc......etc....etc
Or, should modern amps create less magnetic field then the old ones  I used
ten years ago ?

Have fun with this magnetic dance...

Jos  on4kj