[Amps] DC On tube filaments

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] DC On tube filaments
From: ad5gb@yahoo.com (Randall DuCharme)
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 08:42:42 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings,

I'm told by an old Army radio operator that they used
to periodically reverse the filament polarity on a
transmitter ( the exact nomenclature escapes me at the
moment ) that used an 813 and a DC filament supply, to
extend the filament life.  I have no first hand
experience with this myself but have been tempted to
try it.

--- MorgusMagnificen@aol.com wrote:
> Those who are opposed to DC on filaments should
> immediately notify the
> Department of Defense, as they have apparantly being
> erroneously doing this
> in all of that aircraft electronics since the days
> of the Wright Bros.
> (almost).
>
>        Remember the 1625? It was an 807 with a
> specially re-designed filament
> to run on 12VDC, with two of them (wired in series)
> in the ARC-5 TX's powered
> directly from 24VDC.
>
> Eric von Valtier K8LV

> multipart/alternative
>   text/html
> ---

=====
Microsoft is not the answer.
Microsoft is the question.... and the answer is NO!

Randy  (AD5GB)