[Amps] help !

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] help !
From: Dominique.DEHAYS@enac.fr (DEHAYS Dominique)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:49:28 +0200
I'm looking for the guy who wrote this , responding to a question abt 6m
amps: :

"Junk the pi net..I have built several single and 2 tube 8877 amps for 6m
using a knock off of the w6po 2 meter amp.  instead of using pipes for the
resonators I used lumped inductors, approx 3 1/2 turns of 3/8 copper
tubing on each side with a pair of 100pf blocking caps on each side if I
remember rite the tune cap is about 4" round and the load cap about 4 x 6'
square.  they tune up just like the low bands, efficiency if you believe
the meters and bird is about 65% , make power comparable to the low bands
and once you tune it up you can forget about it cuz the tuning does not
drift. I just left 6m after 43 years on the band , tired of listening to
white noise, sold a 2 tube 6m amp to a fellow in Louisana, it made 5kw out
with 150 watts drive. if the band ever opens to UK again I bet you hear
it."

or if I can't find him , maybe the guy who bought the amp?

73's Dom