[Amps] AL-1500

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] AL-1500
From: ct1eeb@mail.telepac.pt (ct1eeb@mail.telepac.pt)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:44:23 +0100
Hi
Switching my Ameritron AL-1500 amp. this morning
I noticed I had no HV (High Voltage) indication,
spite the amplifier seems to turns on OK.
But indeed it doesn't works at all.
When I drive it with 5 watt from the radio the
current indication is too high but no power out at all.
With more than 5 watt the linear trips imediatelly.

And thinking that yesterday it was working just fine !!!

If any of you has any idea of what might be causing this
or had a similar problem I thank you if you e-mail me.

73

Jose  CT1EEB
Note: And thinking that I was getting ready for CQWW
in 160m. (single-band), this is murphy at its best.